Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Cat Hates Me

I am convinced that little Emeril pretty much hates me as a human. For the previous three days IN A ROW he has bitten me on the arm while I am sitting on the couch. I wasn't teasing him or anything, he just jumped up from the floor put his teeth on my arm and then ran and hid under the bed in a place where I can't reach him. I don't know if it matters, but this biting has occured at approximately the same time. (Don't worry he doesn't break the skin, more like he rakes his top teeth across my skin to make a red scratch mark). When I got home just now I found a nice present sloppily wrapped in my bath mat...a GIANT CAT POOP!!!! The bath mat is now being washed and the floor bleached. I think I gagged a little when I was cleaning it up. Also he likes to try and put his head in between the blinds and the window to our balcony door. When we clap our hands loudly and yell his name (he used to run away and stop when we did this) now he just crouches down or keeps doing what he is doing until we pretend we are going to get up to make him stop or squirt him with our spray bottle dedicated just to him. We also actually have to spray him to make him stop, if we don't he just closes his eyes and stays right where he is. Also every morning about 30 minutes or so before the alarm goes off he either climbs in the window curtains, claws at the curtains or starts yowling LOUDLY. Or maybe a combination of all three. So yes, I think the cat hates me. Right now in fact he is glaring at me with his ears turned back, in fact, it's about time for my daily bite....

1 comment:

Dad said...

Maybe you should check to see if P.F. Chang's has a shortage of eggroll filling!! (Just Kidding?)