Thursday, September 4, 2008

WHAT?!?!

You know, I really don't like the fair all that much. It is a time to see people that you never see otherwise that you went to high school with! It is "always on Labor Day Weekend." This means that it is stinking hot and either muddy or dry and dusty! So, Boyd and I are making the rounds because it is the thing to do and we run into an old classmate (no names). We make small talk for a bit, both Boyd and I taking part of the conversation. All of the sudden, he looks at Boyd and says (while gesturing in my direction): SOOOO, is she producing yet??????

Me (aloud): AHEM, uh, no we aren't having kids yet.
Me (to myself): WHAT?!?!? Am I "producing yet?" I am not a heifer nor am I an oil well!!!!! Who asks this kind of question. I mean, personally, I think Boyd made a good investment in marrying me. I mean, I am an asset I guess (at least most of the time). But, why not just ask if we are having kids like a normal person!

Am I right?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

yep...your right. Just wait until you do decide to be pregnant. The comments are 100% worse and usually from strangers. geez, people sometimes!