Monday, August 4, 2008

Tropical Storm Edouard

Boyd and I are prepared (somewhat) to weather the storm tomorrow. We finally got word at 10 PM that Boyd's work will be closed. I just hope that we don't lose power for too long if at all. If we can keep electricity, I think it has the potential to be a nice work week break! It's like a SNOW DAY! HOORAY. I will keep you informed and let you know if it goes as well as I would like. I am encouraged because the traffic map is clear of traffic so that means most people are staying in town. Also, since our apartment is on the second floor our belongings should be safe from any flooding. I will let you know how it goes, I am excited and scared this is our first storm as Houstonians, kind of a rite of passage I guess!

PS - Boyd may resent the fact that I refered to us as Houstonians, but for the time being we are.

No comments: