Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ketchup (aka Catchup, I just like Ketchup better! It's my favorite condiment.)

This will be a long post because a lot of things have happened since I have blogged a substantive post. (I'm not sure if that is grammatically correct but I don't feel like changing it!)

So the first reason I haven't blogged much in a while (besides the hurt finger, which is much better now and down to its normal size) is my new responsibility...Articles Editor (AE, see Lingo Blog below)! This means first of all that I will get a $6,600 scholarship for my last year of law school! WHOO HOO!! That is money I don't have to pay back. But it also means a massive amount of work. In fact right now I am working on a 1030 footnote article with 6 other AEs/AEs-elect. A normal article is about 350 footnotes, so it is massive!!! Not to mention that finals are right around the corner so my motivation to study after doing everything else is very low. So if my blog posts are few and far between for the next month, that's why. I will blog more about being an AE later, but for now I am very happy and also very swamped.

Right before I found about the AE position I also snagged a job for the summer and possibly continuing into the next year. I am going to be a clerk for the Honorable Judge Patricia Hancock, in the 113th District Court of Harris County. It is a civil court (no criminals) in a really, really nice building. I will be running her docket and her interns! I have to get a badge to get in the building and I get to sit next to the judge in court! Best part of all, this is a paid position $10/hour!!! It isn't a lot considering my profession, but I have never commanded that much an hour in my life! This will help us pay rent/other bills during the summer. YAY!

This past weekend was my LSBFF's (Emily's) Birthday. She got a cute kitty for her birthday, I played a part in convincing her parents by proxy (i.e.-her parents would voice a concern and she would ask me about it since I have Emeril and then she would tell them what I said. I also had to promise to watch him when she goes out of town this summer for a family reunion.) His name is Rufus! I also have shown her how to medicate him and other random things but she is a good mommy!
Also an interesting thing that happened: Boyd and I went up to my school last night and we were there until almost 10. On the way home we stopped at Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream because we thought they closed after 10, turns out they closed at nine, but were still inside mopping. The owner saw us outside and told us he would get us what we wanted, just to tell him. So we took home a hand-packed pint of Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream even though they were technically closed! That's what I call a sweet deal!!! It would have been sweeter if it were free, but we still paid for it. But it was definitely better than no ice cream at all. So, shout out to the nice owner of the Kirby Ben and Jerry's, you are a great man.
In TV news I am so happy that the writers' strike is over! That means that in addition to Dancing with the Stars (Gramma, I'm sorry about Priscilla - now you can vote for Kristi!), The Bachelor (which is boring this season), Hell's Kitchen (amazing), the Hills, the Real World, America's top Model (all mindless and silly) and Top Chef, I get to watch my other shows! If I list them it will shock you, but I have never actually done it so:
1. Desperate Housewives
2. Brothers & Sisters
3. House
4. The Riches
5. Dirty Sexy Money (cleaner and better than the name implies)
6. Big Love
7. Til Death
8. Back to you
9. Grey's Anatomy
10. LOST
11. Friday Night Lights
12. Best Week Ever
There are more but my brain hurts and this is embarrassing. All I can say is, thank you TIVO! One of the best inventions ever! And a huge time saver because I never watch commercials.
Ok, that's enough for now! I should be doing my FAFSA and watching my mock duck! I hope you didn't get bored reading all of this randomness! Ciao.
PS - FAFSA is done and Mock Duck was delish!






No comments: