Sunday, January 3, 2010

What a Decade!

I can't believe all that has happened in the last 10 years! In some ways they have flown by and in others they have crawled. I thought that I would look back on the last decade and highlight some of the events that have occured!

2000
  • October - Boyd asks me out on a date. I don't even know that we went on an actual date, but on the day he asked me out we worked at the German Club Dinner at school and watched Shakespear in Love. AH, high school.
  • December - LaGrange Leopard Varsity football team wins the State Championship.

2001

  • January - Boyd totals his truck because he fell asleep while driving to a poultry judging competition (yes, poultry judging) and I realize that he is pretty important to me.
  • May - We graduate from High School.
  • June - Boyd moves out from his mom and Barry's house and into an apartment in Brenham with BJ..
  • August - We start college at Blinn in Brenham.
  • September 11, 2001.

2002 (pretty depressing, that's all I remember.)

  • August - Boyd's Pop died.
  • November - My parents divorce.

2003 (things start to look up!)

  • January - Boyd and I complete our applications to Texas A&M
  • March - My Grandpa Hunt passed away.
  • April - Boyd and I are accepted to Texas A&M!
  • May - Kyle (my brother), Sean, and Shane (Boyd's brothers) graduate from High School.
  • May - My mom, brothers, and I move to Brenham.
  • July - I have my first car wreck and total my car.
  • August - Boyd and I go to Aggie orientation and start classes at Texas A&M, all on Tuesdays and Thursdays to start with.
  • October - Mom moves to Michigan.
  • November - I successfully make my first thanksgiving turkey on my own!
  • November - Boyd and I move to an apartment in College Station.

2004

  • April - we get our kitty, Emeril.
  • July - we visit Michigan and mom decided to move back to Texas so we packed her up in one day and drove the moving truck back to Texas.
  • August - We move into a large three bedroom duplex with our friend Michelle.
  • December - Boyd asks me to marry him!!!

2005

  • January - Boyd and I go to the Cotton Bowl with friends (where the Aggies get embarrassed and our car breaks down on the way home...bright side??? We chose a wedding date while waiting for my grandparents to pick us up and help us get home!)
  • January - I go on a once in a lifetime trip to New York with my friend Michelle.
  • April - I receive my Aggie Ring.
  • August - Boyd and I move to our own apartment when Michelle goes off to Medical School.
  • September - Boyd receives his Aggie Ring and we get ready for Hurricane Rita.
  • November - I sit for the LSAT (the law school admission test)

2006

  • January - I finish all my law school applications.
  • March - I am accepted to South Texas College of Law and decide that is where I would like to go.
  • March - Boyd and I go on our first cruise with my Dad and love it!
  • May - Boyd and I graduate from Texas A&M
  • June - Boyd and I get married!!!
  • July - Boyd and I move to Houston.
  • August - I start law school at South Texas College of Law and Boyd works there at the bookstore.

2007

  • January - I passed all of my first year/first semester law school exams...I get to continue on in my pursuit of a law degree! Whew!
  • May - I complete all of my first year classes.
  • May - Boyd gets a new job at the Rice bookstore.
  • June - We move to a new apartment in Houston (even smaller than the last)
  • August - I complete the Law Review Write-0n Competition and am extended membership on the South Texas Law Review.
  • August - I take my first tax class and love it!
  • November - I make a Thanksgiving turkey and all the fixin's for a couple of my law school friends who don't go home because of finals. Boyd cuts his finger and drama ensues.

2008

  • January - I get the flu for the first time that I can ever remember.
  • April - I decide to run for a position on the South Texas Law Review Editorial Board and am successful! I was elected to the position of Articles Editor.
  • May - My younger brother, Kevin, graduates from high school.
  • May - I start my job as law clerk for Judge Hancock.
  • August - I get to watch the Osteen trial up close!
  • August - I start my last year of law school!
  • December - my sweet kitty, Emeril, passes away.

2009

  • February - I get my yorkshire terrier puppy, Alton.
  • May - I pass all of my finals and graduate from Law School! WOW!
  • May to July - I have no time to do anything but study for the bar exam and Boyd and I discover how not fun that whole process can be.
  • End of July - Three days of torture known as the bar exam.
  • August - trip to South Padre Island and Alton's first trip to the beach.
  • August to November - Months of obsessive behavior, worrying, and crying over bar results and looking for a job.
  • September - I become an aunt to Kaiden Matthew Williams.
  • November 5 - Bar results are out! I PASSED.
  • November 6 - Date I am officially admitted to the Texas State Bar.
  • November 9 - Date that I am sworn in.
  • November to December - The job search continues, with little success. I am very worried.
  • December 31 - I am called to go to an interview in January!

Wow! That is a lot of stuff! Now hopefully in the new year I will get my first job as a lawyer! I can't wait to see what the next decade has in store! Maybe some kids and a home of our own. Now I am tired of typing, it took an entire half of the Dallas Game, so I am going to rest.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for typing it all out...I enjoyed it!

Kacie and Boyd said...

Thanks!